Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm back!!!


hey-o! I'm back in Chicago. Home sweet, sweet home.

Where did all the posts go from April until now? They're yet to be written. (Kind of like a reverse, Benjamin Button sort of thing.)

I will keep on updating, if not more now because I am back. There is more steady internet and plus it will be a way for me to reflect and remember that I experienced for the past 9 months. Wow. Let me just say it once more: I made it back safely!

But right now, I feel like home has never been sweeter. It's not like I haven't enjoyed my time in Cameroon, but it was the first time I've been away overseas for so long. I appreciated the wave of familiarity when I saw the Chicago skyline. I basked in luxurious little comforts like A/C that was too cold, sticking leftovers in the fridge and of course seeing family & friends.... the latter making my home-coming so awesome. Of course, other things helped like taking a piping hot shower, opening my laptop to wi-fi, sleeping in my own bed, fruit smoothies, and driving on a 4-lane paved road. Home, how I've missed you!

My family was glad I was back, well, my dad sure was since he kinda blew the cover of a 'surprise' welcome back party on Sunday.

Coming back from the airport:
Dad: What about the party?
Mom: SSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha. At least I knew enough to try and look nice by wearing my African-print dress that I got made in Yaounde. Thanks!


This weekend I was one of the happiest girls alive. And when my stomach could hold some substantial food again...

...pho.

1 comment: